Sunday, February 16, 2014

Vintage Blue PolkaDot and Roses



I was inspired by nails originally done by @lovessweetas, who tweeted her creation. They were later pinned onto Pinterest, where I found them. 

I could NOT master the roses, so I created my own technique to apply them. 

After painting my nails blue and applying random white dots, I chose two tones of pink and blobbed each on a piece of paper. I used a large dotting tool and dipped it into the dark pink, then immediately into the light pink. When applied to the nail, it created a marble effect. This effect was also used on my Rubber Ducky nails. 
http://lacquerloft.blogspot.com/2012/05/rubber-ducky-youre-one.html


Afterwards, I applied a some glitter and a Seche Vite top coat!

Blue: Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter
White: Sinful Colors White
Light Pink:
Dark Pink:        - Neither of these polishes have labels, they came with an old makeup set. Use any color                                   you like in two shades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment